Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 196 18-11-2005 , 09:03 PM

LETS DO IT

HEY ONE MORE THING BEFORE I GO
THIS IS FOR TAKING SO LONG:headbang:

I am the Lizard King I can Do Anything.
-Jim Morrison

Http://www.chriscrowell.com
# 197 18-11-2005 , 09:13 PM

VEDIC

HEY VEDIC KINGS
I THINK YOU AND I HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE TO DO THIS ON OUR OWN. AND YOUR JETS ARE AWESOME SO DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS BECAUSE I DONT SEE HIS JET ON HERE NOW DO I? I WILL TRY TO MAKE A JET BUT I DONT THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD STORY. WE SHOULD DO A SHORT THAT IS FUNNY AND THAT CHARACTERS ARE FUNNY JUST LOOKING AT THEM LIKE WALLACE AND GROMMIT. I CAN MAKE SOME STUPID GUY AND SOMEONE VEDIC YOU SHOULD MAKE THE SIDE KICK.
MR PHOTOSHOP MAN SHOULD ROLL IN SOME TEXTURES WHEN WE NEED THEM. THEN IF VEDIC COULD MAKE SOME PROPS MAYBE FOR THE ROOM OR OUTSIDE WORLD THAT WE ARE WALKING IN OR WHATEVER. THEN AT THE END MAYBE HAVE SOME JETS FLY BY WITH OUR CHARACTERS ON IT. WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GUY THAT STARTED THIS THING ALONG WITH ABOUT 20 OTHER PEOPLE?
O.K. I GOT IT LETS DO SOMETHING LIKE I SAID AT THE START OF THIS WHOLE THREAD WHICH IS:
I SAY A LINE THEN SOMEONE ELSE REPLYS TO IT WITH WHAT THEY WANT THIS WAY EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES TO IT WHETHER THEY ARE 3D MODELERS OR 2D RETARDS. SO VEDIC STARTED IT OFF BY SAYING
IT WAS THE YEAR 2572 AND ALL WAS MADE DESOLATE FROM THE EXPLOSION (HTTP://WWW.WEBDESIGNSWORLDWIDE.COM)
NOW I WILL ADD SOMETHING AND WHEN I COME BACK WE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING GOING HERE IT IS:
ALL OF MAN KIND DIED IN THE FIRE EXCEPT FOR
GOOGLE EYES AND THE AMAZING SIDE KICK (WINKS) (TRUMPETS PLAY)
OK THATS MY IDEAS IF ANYONE WANTS TO ADD TO THE STORY JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT WE WANT IT FUNNY.

PEACE OUT

I am the Lizard King I can Do Anything.
-Jim Morrison

Http://www.chriscrowell.com
# 198 19-11-2005 , 06:03 PM
Is your Caps Lock key broken?

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 199 19-11-2005 , 07:56 PM

Originally posted by Shadeblade
Is your Caps Lock key broken?

haha lol

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 200 19-11-2005 , 08:20 PM

re: Make Short Film Together

I'd be interested in joining this project. I'm new to Maya, but have been working in Photoshop for 20 years. I'm experienced in HTML, graphics and a bit of Adobe After Effects. I'm running Maya 6.5, After Effects 6.5, Photoshop CS2, and Flash MX 2004.

As for the storyline, I'd suggest a spinoff of Harry Potter using political figures (President Bush as the young wizard, Dick Cheney as Ron, Condoleezza Rice as Hermione, Saddam Hussein as Draco Malfoy, Osama Bin Laden as the Dark Lord, etc.). It could be fun and give us something that attracks attention.

# 201 19-11-2005 , 09:26 PM
ROFL yeah!!!! I pick this anyday over the jet race

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 202 20-11-2005 , 11:54 AM
am i of nany use

i can model simple things as for the backgroud

explain to me the scene n i might help

P.s. i use maya 6.0.1

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 203 26-01-2006 , 08:55 PM
Trust me, the almighty thread-medic, to resurrect a topic. :p

It seems that this project came to a rather abrupt halt.
Total Rookie, if you're still there, are you still organizing this? I think it would turn out rather nicely, because many people have become involved. (Or were involved.) Well, if anyone else is not too busy to continue this, then events may turn around and this may fire up again.

We had a few jets already made, and we were even planning to share the files. I don't think such a group effort should be thrown out like this. If another type of thing like this can be started again, except perhaps, in a different form like a contest, then it may work.

*rambles*

For example, if there is an open competition where more than 7 people have joined, then all can post their complete projects and who ever has the most powerful computer can download all these files. He/she can then compile them into one large file and render out all the objects in one image. This will make it easier to vote, plus add an extra edge of interest.

This is just an idea, so it doesn't need to be done. Just something to be considered. user added image

# 204 27-01-2006 , 12:20 AM

Let's get the ball in motion

Hope my earlier email didn't put a damper on this project. I enjoyed Star Wars Episode 1 and even purchased the Racer game. I thought it was pretty cool, but that was like around 5 years ago. I thought it would be good to do something more modern and frankly this discussion thread seemed to be lacking direction. It sounded like no one was really running things, and this had become a place for animators to simply compare the size of their pod racers.

This whole thing started in August, 2004 because "slatamilian" had a noble idea to make a short film together. So what happened to that? And what happened to his role in this project? It's been 17 months and what have you accomplished? A few partially constructed pod racers?

The creation is just as important as the people on the team who put it together. And no matter what darwinian disciples may tell you, creations don't just happen by accident. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. And this could be a true opportunity for greater things....if you help it to that end.

Animation projects take specific steps to see them through to completion...at least if you want it to be something people will actually want to see.

Think about what you really want to accomplish, and then begin with that end in mind.

We need to focus on what the final product will look like. Draw some rough sketches and develop a storyboard. Create backgrounds, textures, characters and props based off those sketches and storyboard. Refine the storyboard into an actual script. And shoot for originality instead of just doing "Star Wars" copycats.

Assign positions for 2D designers, 3D modelers, motion animators, lighting & audio designers. We can even try this with Maya's new Motion Builder to cut down all that rendering time.

Together, we can learn from one another in a project with some real lasting value...something that we'd be proud to have our names on....something that becomes the hot topic in conversations around the world.

Together our synergy can create a world beyond the imagination of one person alone...a land where we can express ideas in a way that helps people see life on a different level. But to do that, we have set our sights on the goal and press forward towards a purpose that's worth all the time and energy that our team puts into the project.

# 205 27-01-2006 , 12:33 AM
I quite agree with you there. With the amount of people in this, it seems as though there will have to be special positions for each participant. Although, in earlier posts, it was mentioned that we didn't want this to be a 2 hour Pixar movie. It was going to be something basic. Perhaps 2-5 minutes. Even so, it seems that we'll need people in positions. I can't say too much, though. I don't have too much time on my hands as well as others here, so I realize why this idea has slipped so suddenly. Perhaps we should wait till the next holiday. user added image Hehe, then people will be home and we can base it on that holiday. (Easter Special user added image)

# 206 27-01-2006 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
well, i already know how to animate, and video edit ,, i'm just working on modeling now ,, then i'm going to make the 2 below

an insurgent car bomb a convoy and then a big shoot out with RPG's, m16's tanks, suicide bombers ...

or a 1930's mobster flick of a restaurant mob hit, or restaurant blowing up with old skool car chase and shoot out

i've made many videos edited with music .. my longest is a 28min gaming video featuring over 50+ people, map glitchs, intense trick shots and blooper type things

# 207 09-02-2006 , 09:49 AM
Well if you guys ever start on this again and need a story idea I have one. Its short, only a few minutes long. It involves two characters, its supposed to be funny and the setting is the interior of a house. Its something I've been hoping to do myself but don't have the skill for it yet.

# 208 10-02-2006 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber

I'm In

I'm so in for this project! Let's do it. The movie would kick ass!

My password is ********.
# 209 10-02-2006 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
I must say that my modeling skills are nothing like my animating skills. I can model many things with some help however. I'll wait to be assigned to some kind of part of the project.

My password is ********.
# 210 16-02-2006 , 07:25 AM
that is a good idea.count me in.but i am not good at it.

beagins with a smile.grows with a kiss.and ends with tears.