Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-10-2005 , 03:27 PM

Help with snapping vertices to centre

OK, I just got Kurt Boutilier's low poly bundle dvd set :attn:

Its a great tut, well done to Kurt! (I finally understand uv's a bit better lol).

My question is...

in the video Kurt mentions about snapping to vertices to the centre, he selects them all and says hold x and they should snap to centre, only that only works if there all in line with each other.

My vertices were a bit wonky on the centre so i selected them all and did as said, but there were still ones that didnt snap... i ended up snapping them one by one to centre :S

Is there a way round this?

Thx for your time!

# 2 13-10-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
yes select your move tool go into its tool options OR hold W and left click then untick KEEP SPACING

and your sorted

# 3 13-10-2005 , 09:18 PM
Thanks sspikedudley! will try it out as soon as i can.

thx for your time.

# 4 13-10-2005 , 09:28 PM
That's one thing I miss about Rhino3d -- they had like 10-snapto commands (tangent, center of object, middle of face/curve/polyline, ends, ***orthographic***, etc.) Maya could be a lot easier with those.