Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-02-2004 , 12:56 AM

Creative Block

I cant think of anything to model. I have like a dozen ideas, but ill start something, work on it for a few minutes and go on to the next thing. Ive been working on the challenge for 2 months on my robot that now i can work on something else.. and i dont know what. So any of you have any ideas of somethign that would be fun to model?

# 2 13-02-2004 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber
maybe make your self a list as you get idea's. that way when your ready for a new project you can pick out the best.

car ?

LOL Not.

umm a Pod racer ? that might be good for you considering how much you have learned with this challenge. But are you wanting to do a organic model to keep your skills even ?

# 3 13-02-2004 , 06:39 PM
I have an idea that was used in the Bauhaus.

Using your wrong hand (ie, the one you dont write with) and draw ANYTHING on a piece of paper with out looking. Take the mess and turn into somthing. You'll be surprised what you can see.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 13-02-2004 , 09:48 PM
heh, i remember that exercise on my drawing lessons when i had 13 yrs... the teacher handed us that messy thingie and told us to make it meaningful, i just drawed a fly on the end of the curve, signed it and handed to him...user added image, he told me that he just did that when frist introduced to that exercise so i got a good calificationuser added image...

You know what? maya actually reduces creative thinking, im so used to the constraints of the software that when challenged with creative/logic/geometric games i score less than when i had 15yrs!

# 5 25-02-2004 , 07:11 PM
problem with that is i dont have a wrong hand... user added image, ambedexrous. I like ponys idea... but i always start the project and not have the will to continue.

I was thinking of doing something organic just to try, but i always run into huge obsticles. Last time i tried to make a cat like creatue. looked like a... um... lets not go there.

# 6 25-02-2004 , 07:15 PM
How about a mech robot? You could either draw the design yourself and use image planes or you could try and get some character design specs for other ones of the web user added image