Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-04-2005 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber

Motion path speeds problems

Short and sweet:

I would really appreciate if some one could have a quick look at this animation test I have and let me know why the (crappy) plane seems to travel so slowly when its at the bottom of its 'dive'?

I'll post the maya file for now, but I could post pics and vid is necessary.

(I have searched around and didnt really find what I was looking for. The reason the scene is sooooo simple is the fact that I only started looking/trying/messing with animation and motion paths today, and i'm going for the easiest possible scene to start, then build upon it when I know more!)

Cheers guys!

Attached Files
File Type: mb motion.mb (63.6 KB, 269 views)
# 2 28-04-2005 , 05:57 PM
i didn't check your file, but you should open up the graph editor (window>graph editor) while the plane is highlighted. you should be able to see it's rate of movement. if it's slow on a dive, then it's probably a problem on the y-axis. you can manipulate the keyed points to make it increase or decrease speed.

hope that helps.

# 3 29-04-2005 , 04:41 PM
Subscriber
you have to play with keyframing the U Value on the motionPath1 input on the plane to get it to run smooth... set the key frames of where he should be at a certain frame (right click U Value, key selected) so it will be at the proper speed

it will take playing around with the value but you'll be able to come up with the results you want....