Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-10-2002 , 05:59 PM

Cloth Probs 2

Even when I make a NURBS primitive circle, when I go to create a cloth panel, I get the error message: "Error: Curves must form a closed loop. Check for unconnected or extra curves." Now, I understand that NURBS vertices don't actually "weld," but I have no solution to this problem. (I also tried to use "close open curves but that just toggles and is not the answer.) Does anyone know why I can't get a "closed loop?"

# 2 01-10-2002 , 06:09 PM
That would be because a circle primitive in Maya is a periodic curve. Not a closed curve.

In that case if you want to change that curve to a "closed" curve you should try Edit Curves> Detach Curves on any point of that periodic curve.

Hope it helps ... Report results, Thanks!

# 3 01-10-2002 , 06:47 PM
Thanks adldesigner! I didn't know the difference between periodic and closed curves. I tried making a cloth panel from a simple primitive circle. I selected the edit points and did what you suggested. Unfortunately, while cloth did in fact make a panel, I can't seem to translate it. Also, the panel icon appears within the circle, but there is no visible surface. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

# 4 01-10-2002 , 06:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think you oughta try the Cloth tutorial that is in the Maya help files... it really helped me understand how cloth works back when I was messing with it.

# 5 01-10-2002 , 07:14 PM
<-- seconds that ... user added image

(I donĀ“t have any experience whatsoever using cloth)

# 6 28-10-2002 , 04:19 AM
you have to select the panel and go to Cloth>>create Garment

that's it......