Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-02-2007 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber

Muscle jiggles

I am trying to use a jiggle deformer on an object as a muscle. When I add the muscle to the smooth skin as an influence object the jiggle effect does not translate to the skin. Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

# 2 13-02-2007 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
I could be talking out my arse here, because i havent played wiht this stuff much, but.. the only thing that comes to mind fo rme is Soft and ridgid body interractions...you got them set up between them muscle and skin?...If i'm barkign up the wrong tree, feel free to ignorre this post..'m more of a Inorganic modeling kind of guy atm..
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 14-02-2007 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
I'm using a jiggle deformer not a soft body. I tried to make muscle jiggle with a soft body but had a similar problem.

# 4 14-02-2007 , 01:24 AM
Dont know really much about the jiggle deformer, but it soiunds like it might use a similar way to softbodies which if you want the softbody to interact with another you have to select the particle group (in the outliner) thats created.

Other than that I havent a clue

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-02-2007 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
i dont think jiggle deformer will give really nice result for muscle sliding.
maybe for boobs or a big belly.

but this could be because of deformation order. make sure the skin weights get evaluated before the jiggle [so the jiggle deformer should be on top of the skincluster in the inputs. and also paint the jiggle weights a bit to be smoother. by default the entire surface is all 1, so all verts get the same value, i doubt u will see much of the effect that way.

# 6 16-02-2007 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
In which inputs, the skin or the the muscle. I don't see the jiggle and skin cluster together in any group. It seems like the influence object can only apply it's transform node as an influence object and not it's shape. If you grap components on an influence object like verticies or control points and move them it doesn't seem to have any effect on the skin. Maybe that's related..

# 7 17-02-2007 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Wishbonekenobi
In which inputs, the skin or the the muscle. I don't see the jiggle and skin cluster together in any group.

its an icon near the history button.click it and a drop down chould pop up and select all inputs.

Originally posted by Wishbonekenobi

It seems like the influence object can only apply it's transform node as an influence object and not it's shape. If you grap components on an influence object like verticies or control points and move them it doesn't seem to have any effect on the skin. Maybe that's related..

the influence obj can affect your mesh at component level too.
when u apply the object as an influence it should have a "smooth skin attributes" turn on use components.
user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 17-02-2007 at 01:03 AM.
# 8 17-02-2007 , 08:03 AM
Subscriber
YES!!!!!!

The use components got the jiggle to work. Thank so much!!1