Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-05-2009 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber

Taj Mhal tut problem.

basically i started to put up the image planes. I tried to assign an image on it but it came up saying error!. I looked in the task manager and it said it couldn't covert the file into a maya iff. How can i fix the pictures. its not maya its the references. please help me!!!
I run maya 8.5 PLE aswell user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 2 25-05-2009 , 02:18 PM

Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Originally posted by monkey99
basically i started to put up the image planes. I tried to assign an image on it but it came up saying error!. I looked in the task manager and it said it couldn't covert the file into a maya iff. How can i fix the pictures. its not maya its the references. please help me!!!

Dude, your 10 years old and can afford Maya? Man times have changed.

Try using an external program to convert your image into a supported format. What format is the image in originally as it seems Maya cant convert it into a .iff?

# 3 25-05-2009 , 02:46 PM
The Nurb Herd

Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Originally posted by monkey99

everyone can afford free! user added image

# 4 25-05-2009 , 02:56 PM

Re: Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Originally posted by hammer.horror
everyone can afford free! user added image

Its free?

.... DUDE!!!!.... Im getting it now then.

# 5 25-05-2009 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
......but it has an annoying water mark and apparently you cant open them in full maya because it saves them as a different format (.mp than a .mb)

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 6 25-05-2009 , 03:56 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Im not sure if autodesk have put it back up after they 'accidentally' got rid of it

# 7 25-05-2009 , 04:27 PM

Originally posted by elephantinc
Im not sure if autodesk have put it back up after they 'accidentally' got rid of it

Funny you would mention that, I get linked to the TRIAL version if I want to download the PLE version so I sorta assumed in my naive little world that its the same just locked down.. erh, somehow..

So I am currently downloaded, with my really slow connection, the so called Trial version that is according to Autodesk the PLE version (THEY linked to it) which is about a ISO (600+ mb)..

Atleast I get to see 8.5, I am curious what changed. I am using 6.0 because of the computer I am using, the guys at the firm asked what version I wanted (laughingly) knowing that I am using a less then superior computer nowdays, haha. But comeone, the difference cant be that big.. Right.....

Right?..............

# 8 25-05-2009 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
its ok. lillsnopp fixed the problem. He converted them to .pngs for me and now they work!!!

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09