Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 11-12-2003 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by XanthZeax
I like the steps, I think maybe newbies like me lack direction, steps like that help, thanks alot.

Believe me, I am in the same position! The problem I have is deciding what to do. Do I spend time learning Modeling? Texturing? Lighting? Dynamics? Rendering? Nurbs, Polys, or SubD's? Procedural, or Mapped? There's so much.

If you like, when you're done with your finals, we could have a friendly "battle" between us to model, texture, render, and even animate something. Just to give us the incentive - I'm sure people at SM would be more than happy to help.

# 17 12-12-2003 , 07:34 PM

Believe me, I am in the same position! The problem I have is deciding what to do. Do I spend time learning Modeling? Texturing? Lighting? Dynamics? Rendering? Nurbs, Polys, or SubD's? Procedural, or Mapped? There's so much.

Well dont look at it that way. Take each one and have a go until you feel confident, with it and then move on to the next thing that you want to accomplish. Give yourself a project and do your damdest to get it looking like you want and make sure you keep learning and dont just fall into the trap of sticking with safe techniques you know user added image good luck

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 18 16-12-2003 , 08:50 PM
Right now, I have the time to go and do a friendly little "battle" would be pretty fun. I'm at school right now and the monitors here are pretty "eww..." my picture it looks like half of it is yellow and the other is normal. I go check it when I get home, and more details on this little battle???