Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 27-02-2011 , 12:54 AM
Jay:

Just a quick question, can my final image have 4 different angles in it?
I may not get time to re-render it before the end date so would like to enter a previous render if that happens. If you'd prefer a single shot then I'll happily pick one though.
Cheers mate.

# 32 27-02-2011 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
How long does yours take to render then ??? - but its a good question to get it straight in everybody's head what they need to get in.

I have a single image at the mo and a turn animation rendering away as I speak - but a multi angled image may pay off more, than a single shot. (a little bit what happened to my spaceship entry).

# 33 27-02-2011 , 09:35 AM

How long does yours take to render then ???

LOL, I'm not going to be at home until Monday night is the reason....

# 34 27-02-2011 , 10:28 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Dango

sure mate I dont mind, I guess you want to show the model off - fine mate

Jay

# 35 27-02-2011 , 10:43 AM
Lifetime Member
Jay does that mean 28th GMT at end of day?? I dont think I will have time to do the bloody racing harness...but if this is the case I have nearly 2 days? as I am in front time wise I assume a GMT?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 27-02-2011 , 11:43 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Ah the smell of stress in the air , the desperate questions to skim an hour or 2 extra.... you gotta love deadlines....... LOL

And Dango I would post 1 image with a nice angle which shows of the speed 4 static images won't convey the speed part user added image

# 37 27-02-2011 , 12:00 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL no stress really mastone...I have no stress unless its work...if I dont get it done...ahhh well LOL. he he he he I just want to make sure I get one above last...LOL. I have just been notified I have a gazillion things to do tomorrow at work...which all involves CAD work so I might not finish...bugger work.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 38 27-02-2011 , 12:19 PM
Cool, cheers Jay.
I wanted to do the multi angle image as I'm not sure I'll get to do my rendered turntable before the finals are due, and that way at least you can see the overall model. Hope I do get to do the turntable though, would be good!

# 39 27-02-2011 , 12:22 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Bullet

yeah Im aware we are all over the world in different time zones so you are fine mate. As long as you are done by the end of most of the mondays LOL, our American brethren are behind my time so ya know. Im certainly not getting up at 'stupid o'clock' to view or judge peoples work....we gotta have some life

this a friendly challenge so I dont want you guys stressing, its not the end of days LOL

Dango

no probs matey, do what ya gotta do but again dont stress it.

good luck

Jay

I'll be announcing the next challenge on my monday night anyway so keep an eye out.

sorry a quick edit: Bullet the finer details arent really a worry to me, its what is like on the outside really that will be of an appeal to most, a racing harness doesnt really do it for me speedwise LOL