Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 23-04-2011 , 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Dear Jay, is there any easier challanges i can take part, because I am a almost in middle? i mean I am not perfect artist in maya!

Nobody's a perfect Maya artist user added image. And to echo Jay's sentiments, If you're interested in the challenge and you think you can spare the time then jump in and take a crack at it! user added image As you can see there are people here that will encourage you and help.

- Genny
# 17 24-04-2011 , 10:01 AM
Motion Graphic Designer
Thanks alot Genny for encouraging me, I saw your Job you are very Excellent.
I will try to study more tutorials and get qualified.

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 18 27-04-2011 , 06:02 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hello Boys N Gals

Okay well this is the last reminder before the end of the challenge, the last day being 30th April and the final hour midnight depending where you live too.

start finishing those models!!!

I'll post up a thread soon so you can place your final entries!!

good luck

Jay

# 19 27-04-2011 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
wait, so is the deadline the midnight where we live or where you live? because a lot of people have at least 12 extra hours than me if it's local to us

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 27-04-2011 , 09:31 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

wait, so is the deadline the midnight where we live or where you live? because a lot of people have at least 12 extra hours than me if it's local to us

you've already done kirby :p
i thought maybe to do meta knight, but i think i'll do something else
crash bandicoot... man... you're real late to the games! that's like... playstation era!
you could do an elephant version of someone like you did with indiana jones

I think you'll be fine as long as you have it in by 12pm GMT+1 (rather than GMT since its 'British summer time' here)

I didn't have time to enter (pity since this challenge was right up my street) but the reason I wanted to do something from the playstation era is that is the first console I ever owned. Crash bandicoot two was the first game I ever owned and completed.

I should have done an elephant solid snake....

# 21 27-04-2011 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
oh that's right, day light saving, you guys are only 12 hours behind us for like 2 or 4 weeks a year...
yeah, if it's localized finish time then a lot of people have at least 11 hours more time than me

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D