Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-09-2011 , 04:53 PM
Administrator

Final Entries - My Dream Office Challenge

Please post your final entries for the challenge in this thread.

We noticed that there's a few things left to do for a lot of you and as we're putting it up a bit late we thought an extra few days to complete the renders wouldn't hurt.

So extended deadline, all entries posted in here before end of September 30th (midnight EST) will be judged in the challenge.

Cheers and best of luck to everyone,
Nilla

# 2 25-09-2011 , 05:23 PM
Lifetime Member
thank you madam : ) thanks so much for extending the deadlines !

# 3 25-09-2011 , 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Oh wow sweet! Big thanks for that ^^

- Genny
# 4 25-09-2011 , 06:41 PM
Thanks, really appreciate that user added image

Cheers,
Roman
# 5 25-09-2011 , 06:46 PM
Good luck to everyone user added image ! Looking forward to seeing the final entries!

# 6 26-09-2011 , 07:31 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

Greeting

Hello dudes!

can't wait for Final entries, I wish all the best for participants.

user added image

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 7 26-09-2011 , 08:19 AM
Thanks a lot user added image

# 8 30-09-2011 , 10:31 AM

Open Office - Final Entry for the "My Dream Office-Challenge"

Hey there

so, I will start with posting the first final entry, since I will not have the time to do any further corrections and I am actually very happy with the result so far.

Well, I have created this scene because I thought that everytime we are in stress we wish to escape from work. People sometimes dream of the sea or some even think of going into a parallel universe user added image but I actually didnt want to go too far away. I thought a peaceful place above the city would be a nice and interesting spot to put a desk and a chair. Some would probably do a picknick up there, i´d rather put a desk there. user added image
Its almost like a imaginary window looking out TO the work, to the city, to the life going on there and being maybe far away from the work, but maybe not too far away from our famillies or home or something like that.

The grass is rendered in proxies, the scene is actually split into several layers. The big peaces are the city and the foreground elements. For more convinience and controll I have created a couple of renderlayers for the postwork.
I have rendered in 32 bits and made a basic lighting/exposure correction before converting back to 8 bits and doing a quite massive postwork on the image. You can see that in my WIP-Thread.

Well...thats it sooo,...I hope you like it and Im looking forward for all the other entries and wish good luck! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 30-09-2011 , 03:25 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
I'm out of this one but personally can't wait to see Genny's entry

# 10 30-09-2011 , 06:19 PM
So here's my final entry. I'll go with a main render in 1080p and a distant overview render in 720p.
A few thoughts about the concept:
This was actually i think the first idea that came into my mind, when i read the Challenge title. I had that idea of an adventurer sitting in an office that is hanging in a tree, in a deep jungle. I was quite sure from the very beginning, that this would be a night scene. I wanted to create an isolated atmosphere, which wouldn't work at daytime. The office would integrate too much into the jungle, since i wouldn't be able to use orange candle light as a contrast to blue moonlight. So i went with the night scene.
Countless hours of experimenting with light setups later, i finally found what i was looking for.
And here it is, i hope you like it user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Cheers,
Roman
# 11 30-09-2011 , 07:57 PM
Nice mood. I like it. Robinson out for the restroom eh? user added image Glad you could make it !

# 12 30-09-2011 , 10:43 PM
Lifetime Member

final output.

Finally renders are finish. I wish could have a good machine to render some more cool stuff. so all i end up with is day time renders and one night time render. as the renders taking too much time. so i rendered night scene on smaller aspect ratio and two day light renders are done HD720. Please have a look and good luck to all! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 30-09-2011 , 11:29 PM
Great community
Really awesome images, good luck to all.

Creck

Last edited by Creck; 30-09-2011 at 11:31 PM.
# 14 01-10-2011 , 12:03 AM
Acid44
Wish I could have been in this one, some awesome entries here, and I had an idea when I first saw the challenge, but knew I wouldn't have the time. Good job guys

# 15 01-10-2011 , 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
I've been having some technical issues, got here to check my progress and backburner bit me in the arse good and proper, I'm in such a funky mood atm. Let's see if I can still make it.user added image

Edit its almost 11pm and I don't see this happening. Oh well. Good luck you guys.

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 01-10-2011 at 02:59 AM.