Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 01-10-2011 , 07:48 AM
Oh thats sad to hear Genny, but why did you even consider using Backburner?? Its a piece of garbage. We dont even use it in production since it is just simply not reliable. We instead do most of the time commandline render or use our own little "rendermanager"
I would have loved to see your final one, maybe you can still post it?

@puneet The last image is fantastic. I like the colors.

# 17 01-10-2011 , 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
It usually works for me, that's why it was thoroughly annoying that this happened, I ended up shutting everything down and turning on the PS3 >.>. I'm moving it to the Wip section though.

- Genny
# 18 01-10-2011 , 06:06 PM
Administrator

Final Entries from Simplylightwave

Shame Genny, I remember someone else swearing about backburner not working around here a while back user added image but nice to see it in the WIP anyway. You have to finish those tasty cupcakes user added image

Also really well done to those of you who finished, very creative ideas and great entries user added image

Here's the entries from SimplyLightwave.

By: djbrede

"I had a lot of fun with this contest. And it ended up being useful at work as we are about to renovate our facilities.

I wasn't sure if we could only submit one image so I thought I have fun with it and compose the image as if it were a blueprint with some polaroids scattered on top.

Thanks Simply Lightwave, for the contest and to everyone who participated - it was fun!"

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 01-10-2011 , 06:07 PM
Administrator
By: Eomer41

"Here is my final final image & the wireframe. This contest really helped push me back into Lightwave 3D. It has been a while since I completed a render and I am really happy with this final product."

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 04-10-2011 , 01:51 PM
Lifetime Member
waiting for the results now user added image

# 21 04-10-2011 , 03:23 PM
Administrator
You guys decide who wins this time user added image I just created a poll which will run for two weeks, please take the time to vote for your favorite entry.

Vote for the winner here

Cheers,
Nilla

# 22 04-10-2011 , 07:33 PM
Thanks a lot for this possibility. You think it would be a big deal to have all entries in one post maybe? It would be a bit easier to compare and not scroll down or switch between pages user added image .. Just a thought.

Good luck everyone!

# 23 04-10-2011 , 08:14 PM
Administrator

You think it would be a big deal to have all entries in one post maybe? It would be a bit easier to compare and not scroll down or switch between pages user added image

Sure thing, good point I added the images to the poll as well;

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthre...370#post326370

# 24 04-10-2011 , 09:18 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Pity for Gen.....another time eh!!

I like what I'm seeing, I like the Duke because its almost the real deal, pity about the city texture, Mr Terminator, The tree house needs brightening a bit with higher contrast -, and the one thing in Puneet3d, is the floor texture is toooo big, the concept is great, but overall great effort from everyone, I will be voting in silence until the winner is announced!!

Jay

# 25 05-10-2011 , 03:21 PM
Lifetime Member
i have knowingly given big floor texture. user added image in my room even the size of one marble tile is of 2 square foot. user added image