Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-07-2018 , 03:21 PM

Hypershade - hierarchy is too big to display Maya options

Hello
I have a problem with menus not displaying when I second-mouse-click on a material that has been applied to many objects.
I duplicated this shader and since the duplicate is not applied to any object, I was able to see select objects option, which I need. So the problem is that Maya just does not show such option if hierarchy graph is too big. it shows the bottom options, and select all objects is at the top.
How do I see the normal, top view of the list / menu ?

Thank you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Select objects with material.jpg (88.3 KB, 2 views) File Type: jpg Select objects with Shader.jpg (93.4 KB, 2 views) File Type: jpg Graph is too big.jpg (353.4 KB, 1 views)
# 2 27-07-2018 , 08:54 AM
I found a solution with mel script. Select material and run this one, all objects with this shader -material will be selected.

string $array[] = `ls -sl`;
for ($item in $array)
{
hyperShade -objects $item;
}

Apparently, of-course there is also an option trough edit > select objects with material in hypershade.

Last edited by lauris47; 27-07-2018 at 12:57 PM.