Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-09-2004 , 07:50 AM

annoying lattice question...

Hey All,

Im just doing up some toony eyes ...simple sphere ...two half spheres and a lattice around them all (to do any customising of the shape and maintain the pivot points for nice lid rotation) to do set driven keys for each lid ...

Now...its all straight forward ...but heres the quibble...

As soon as i move the lattice away from the point of creation and try to rotate a lid...it pops out of the lattice and tries to make its pivot point go back to the co-ordinates where i originally made the lattice ...

Weird! ...and why is it happeneing ? Something dumb I have overlooked ?

Thanks for any help that you may have Smile

Paul

# 2 28-09-2004 , 01:52 PM
It may be because the lattice base is not being moved with the latice. locate the latice base in the hypergraph or outliner and parent it to the latice or group them or something. Im pretty sure that the problem is the latice base staying put.

# 3 28-09-2004 , 10:54 PM
cheers mate ...ill give that a shot user added image