Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-07-2007 , 12:03 AM

zeta gundam

it's a somewhat low-poly for now. still transitioning from 3ds to maya but i'm getting there. this is probably the 2nd model i will get to finish and currently working on 2 other models, but the zeta gundam seems to be easiest.

details will be added to the parts later. right now it's mostly some box-modeling and planes, some extruded faces, deleted a few faces here and there, etc...nothing too fancy.

i'm a bit embarassed to post my wires, but here they are. not as clean as some of the other models i've seen out there, but then again i'm still pretty new to this and this is my first time modeling from a blueprint.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 25-07-2007 , 08:32 PM
just some updates on the progress. i know i have a few triangles in there somewhere that i missed when modeling.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 3 27-07-2007 , 04:16 AM
cool! - looks like you've made a nice start. I got a gundam for xmas and I 've been tempted to model it - will be keeping a close eye on this one!
user added image

# 4 27-07-2007 , 07:47 AM
sneeks in, whats a gundam?? (im old 27!!)???

Looks a good robot model so far!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 27-07-2007 , 05:07 PM
haha!

sneeks in, whats a gundam?? (im old 27!!)???

a 'gundam' is a giant mecha - its a huge number of series of animes, several mangas, and also a large number of toys (and a couple video games). The first gundam series are probably at least as old as you are, or as close as makes no difference. The 'gundam' series, is, if I remember correctly, somewhat responsible for the 'giant mecha' thing entirely.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com