Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-10-2007 , 03:35 AM

after smooth

when i smooth

Attached Thumbnails

Ahsan
# 2 15-10-2007 , 06:02 AM
Hi there AhsanQureshi,

Instead of starting a new thread, you need to just update the original thread. All you do is click on the thread and then under that last listing there's a button that says "Post Reply". Just click on it and you can add what you want. You're basically replying to your own thread in order to add updates, etc.

I'm not sure exactly what your asking. Are you referring to the edges looking jagged? Or are you asking how to make sharper corners and edges?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 15-10-2007 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
AhsanQureshi, if you are trying to make the corners where it extrudes in harder (squarer), you need to add some resolution (edges) around the outside as it smooths back to the edges, meaning you need edged close to the outside before it extrudes in to keep the definition.

Hope that makes sense.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).