Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-06-2008 , 10:56 AM
Lifetime Member

Maya 6.5 tutorial question

Hiya,

This is a bit of a Maya 6.5 question for those who use it or have used it.

I've modelled, rigged and textured the jack-in-the-box character from the Alias Foundation 6 book, but am having trouble playing back my animation. It seems to be very (read excessive) slow when the lattice deformer animation is played back. (Full shaded, no textures) If I play back my 120 frames real time, I may get 4 frames displayed during my playback. (Very jumpy!) Frame by frame playback is also very slow.

Now if I use the file from the tutorial DVD, it plays back just fine!

I suspect there is something wrong with my scene, I've attached the file and hope somebody can cast some light for me!

Another question if I may...When I open my scene, it calculates something for about 5 seconds (Calculating...Please wait...) Is this related to Artisan Tools? Should I delete the history when finished sculpting?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated..!

Jacques.

Attached Files
File Type: zip jack_exp.zip (81.5 KB, 465 views)

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 2 23-06-2008 , 02:38 PM
Senior Software Developer
Try Deleteing history on the objects you can... This will slow Maya down...

And also run a Playblast to see how it runs once its completed...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)