Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-10-2014 , 09:06 AM

Mesh Rig Pivot Point Issue

Hi all!
Firstly thank you for taking the time to look at this thread,

Now I have created a rig for my legs mesh, I bound the bones to the legs and created some animations it was all working perfectly.

I Imported into Unity as FBX, but the issue that I found is I need to change the pivot point of this model to be much higher.

Now I can change the pivot point in maya but when I try to 'freeze transformations' I get an error that 'Joint 1 has a skin connected to it'?

I have researched and found I should have frozen transformations of the joints beforehand, so I started over freezing all joints and the mesh itself and deleting history. Yet still the same issue as before?

Any ideas? Thanks!

# 2 30-10-2014 , 11:58 AM
The thin red line