Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-03-2010 , 05:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Winter Challenge Entries

Okay well its that time again where the challenge has to end. If the dudes involved would like to put their final entries up on this thread by midnight tomorrow then people can vote and put their 10pence in after.

I must admit Im a little disappointed at the lack of entries on this but there you go - thats life!

Anyway chaps if you could put in your final renders, along with pics of yourselves to compare that would be cool, then we can get a few votes in and hopefully declare a winner before the end of the week - good luck!!

Cheers
Jay

# 2 14-03-2010 , 09:55 PM
The thin red line
Hi all
bye the way im the good looking one.............dave

Edit:forgot spots

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 15-03-2010 at 09:24 AM.
# 3 16-03-2010 , 12:18 PM
Looks like Dave wins this one hands down, everyone else fell at the final hurdle.

Dave PM me your address details and we'll get the TSHirt off to you and I'll get onto David and Nilla to sort the SM prize out

well done mate for sticking with it. It was a hard challenge to do but hey you did it

cheers
Jay

# 4 16-03-2010 , 12:46 PM
i hope the next challenge will have more people finished it...
Including me too ... sorry for not joining ... as i said before to join... well ..

Dave you've done a gr8 job and i'm sure that you've learned a lot doing this model!!!

user added image

# 5 16-03-2010 , 01:27 PM
Yeah, well done Dave, an excellent final entry!

Just go with "Everyone else saw your work and ran for the hills..." as the reason for the lack of entries!

Will probably enter the next one myself, just depends, if it's one where all the concept and design is up to us, then for sure, if not, depends what it is. I just prefer having as much creative control as possible...greedy I know...lol

# 6 16-03-2010 , 09:22 PM
The thin red line
Thank you for all those who posted in this thread, I hope to watch the film avatar when it comes out in DVD. I will donate the Tshirt to the next challenge.......hope all is well with all...............dave

Last edited by daverave; 16-03-2010 at 10:21 PM.
# 7 16-03-2010 , 10:47 PM
The Nurb Herd
Well done, Dave congrats.

I've been working really hard on a couple of big projects at work, so unfortunately didn't have time to do the texturing or finish tweaking the model.

# 8 17-03-2010 , 12:48 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice work Dave!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 9 17-03-2010 , 01:26 PM
@Dom

Dude did you get your Clash tickets for the crew screening on the 28th??

Got mine....

Jay

# 10 17-03-2010 , 09:45 PM
The Nurb Herd
nope! Its a bit unfair really, but data wrangling gets a bit overlooked so i doubt i will get one. I'll ask about it tomorrow. I didn't get one for wolfman. It's all tvc for me now anyway. user added image

# 11 22-03-2010 , 07:07 PM
Administrator
Hi Dave,

Congrats with completing and winning the challenge. Really nice work there! I've added the simply prize points to your account, hopefully there's still something you can learn from the site user added image

Nilla

# 12 23-03-2010 , 03:03 AM
Subscriber
Good work! Turned out really well.
I was actually going to submit my half finished one but only got access to a computer yesterday. Hopefully next challenge if uni doesn't bog me down.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge