Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-03-2004 , 02:53 PM

techies plz help...!!!!

hi evrybody..,

i had posted a message two days ago but unfortunately got no replys until now...

i wud like to know tht is there any problem that maya 4.5 will not work under "nVidia GeForce 2 400 MX"..and i am getting the error
"Can't create a surface.Out of video memory.This program will exit"..sometimes on startup or sometimes when gives command to render...this error sometimes show up when i go into paint effcts panel...

Is this error cureable somehow without changing the hardware?..
plz give me a reply if you know how to handle this error...

i have a WindowsXP professional OS running on AMD Athlon 2400XP processor and 512 MB DDR Ram...

hopes a favourable reply for this post...

bye.c ya ...Anumod.

# 2 19-03-2004 , 03:08 PM
I had that card and a machine with only 256Mbs RAM and it ran fine. try newer drivers if you can around version 43 of the detonator drivers should do it (Maya doesnt like the latest ones)

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 19-03-2004 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
I second what Pure says. I have that same card and have ran maya with that low of ram, and haven't had a problem. I's posibly the driver, or a bad install of maya.

# 4 20-03-2004 , 08:41 AM
hi guys,

thanks for the reply.i will try a hand into it..by changing the drivers...

will maya work under onboard VGA..any idea?

i hav a GIGABYTE k7tritorn series motherboard with shared ram upto 32 mb...

i dont think its bcoz of a bad install coz i hav installed it using two cd's for more than 5 times...still the problem persists...

Anumod...

# 5 20-03-2004 , 08:51 AM
hi guys,

thanks for the reply.i will try a hand into it..by changing the drivers...

will maya work under onboard VGA..any idea?

i hav a GIGABYTE k7tritorn series motherboard with shared ram upto 32 mb...

i dont think its bcoz of a bad install coz i hav installed it using two cd's for more than 5 times...still the problem persists...

Anumod...