Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-09-2005 , 07:30 PM

interativity

hi guys it me Bilal i have created a complete 3D model of my university where i study in maya 5.0 and now i want to control my camera from arrow keys means i want to create it interactive if i press the rith arrow key the camera must turn right and with the left arrow key the camera turn left

and the scene must be pre-rendered

i hope to get ur kind positive responses plz help me if u can .....

my personal email is mbillall@yahoo.com or u can just answer this questin right here

thanks alot

Attached Thumbnails

Bilal
# 2 20-09-2005 , 12:48 AM
Hey, I can't Email you because, well, I don't have an email that is up and running right now. But the only solution to your problem would be to make sure that it would be compatible as a game model, and use the camera as the character that can fly and is invisible. Then run it through the game engine, and see what you get. What I mean is like, you know in Unreal Tournament, for instance, when you are dead, you can fly and are invisible? Well upload that into the game engine... etc. Thats the only logical solution I can think of in which the scene is pre-rendered. The other would be to come up with a very advanced (or not, I don't really know, its not what I do) MEL script...??? Or maybe using an integrated graphics scripting engine...??? Like the one they use to make games that are not already made with a pre-created engine. And then make the character invisible, able to fly... etc. I don't think you can do this just in Maya woithout advanced MEL, and I think that you could do it a hell of a lot simpler with an outside scripting... programming... etc.
Good luck on acheiving this, and if you manage, tell me how to do it PLEASE!!!

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image