Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-11-2002 , 08:35 PM

Mac can't open tutorials?

I am very new to 3d and computing. I am a Mac user and I have downloaded one of the free tutorials at Simply Maya but I can only open the image plane file and not the tutorial itself. I am very interested in the more advanced tutorials but I don't want to pay for something I can't use. Could someone be kind enough to tell me what format they are in or what it is that I need to open the file.

Cheers.user added image

# 2 24-11-2002 , 09:31 PM
Kevin
they are in wmv format. if it downloads in a .pl file then change the .pl to .zip

whats happening when you try to open it?

# 3 25-11-2002 , 12:40 AM
When I download the tutorial there would be a message saying that quicktime could not recognize the format. I just downloaded the windows media player and it opened the file for me. The crisis is over.

Thanks

# 4 25-11-2002 , 01:22 AM
Actually only one has worked completely. The other ones have picture but no sound. The file downloads as a .pl and is then unzipped as a wmv. How can I convert it to a file that will be readable.

# 5 25-11-2002 , 09:15 AM
Kevin
convert to an avi if possible, we are at this time working on divx formats for all future vids from next month so this will sort you probs out..

Until then go to google and find out how to convert your files to AVI user added image