Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-05-2007 , 10:01 PM

Poly Building

I want to build a poly building with a lot of windows, but don't know how i could possibly model them all. Any suggestions?

Heres a pic of what I want to do.

Attached Images

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 15-05-2007 , 09:46 AM
i think it depends on how close the building is to your camera and how much focus it gets in your scene. if it's in the background - i would just texture the windows.

if you want more detail, i would model one floor and it's windows, duplicate it, put the duplicate on top of the first, combine and merge them - you will now have two floors. duplicate this and put it on top of the original and you will have 4 floors. do it again and you will have 8 and so on - once you have the first floor it will take two seconds to build the rest of the building.

by the way, is that echo red? user added image

# 3 15-05-2007 , 10:02 AM
Thanx for the help. Got my named changed lol.:bandit:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman