Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-08-2007 , 05:26 PM

Right-Click window wont open

As the title stated when right clicking a line/object/anything (i am holding right click too) the usual right click menu does not pop up. plus on another note i cannot choose any of the side functions such as scale, move, etc.

please help

Henry

# 2 06-08-2007 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
Hello Henry,

The first thing to do is goto My Documents folder and find your Maya version number in there. Hmm is it called documents & settings in english? Anyway, enter this folder and locate the prefs directory.

Backup this directory in a safe place so that you can restore it if the problem still persists.

Now, detele all the .mel files in the prefs directory, start Maya, and let maya create new default ones for you.
It will reset any gui problems. The drawback is you loose some of your hotkeys and marking menues, but those can be re-integrated.

If this didn't solve the problem, just put the backup you made back into the directory and nothing is lost.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 06-08-2007 , 11:57 PM
:attn: wouldn't you know it, after reading you're reply i thought I'd open Maya back up and just re check it, and the problem went away! who would have figured. but thanks for the help anyway, i will definitely refer back to it if the problem persists.

Henry