Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-03-2008 , 11:01 PM

Free refernce sketches for character,cars,aircraft and so on ?

Well I'd love to find some reference sketches for chracters,cars and aircraft but i'm getting zilch. If I can get my hands on some sketches for maya or ones I can prep(cleanup and add grid lines and so on) that would be cool.

# 2 16-03-2008 , 11:10 PM
do a google search for 'concept art'

you should find a lot, but be careful because the images you do end up finding will obviously be from other artists and you might wanna either ask their permission to model their stuff (cause i'm assuming you'll be showing your progress on this site) or mention the artist's name and site where you found the images in your WIP thread or somewhere on your renders (concept by --name-- found at --site-- )

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 16-03-2008 , 11:23 PM
# 4 17-03-2008 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber

# 5 17-03-2008 , 09:02 PM
okay I'm set user added image
I will do a minicooper(I dunno seems kinds fun)
So I am thinking my main strategy is CV curves with craploads of lofts. And other basic nurb modeling aspects I know.
Does that souns like an okay plan ?

# 6 17-03-2008 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
Sounds like a good idea to me, you can either use the curve tool in that way or try and make a low poly model of the car, it just depends on which way you are more comfortable modelling with.

Chris

# 7 18-03-2008 , 12:16 AM
I am going back and forth poly modleing is good too I dunno my computer handled a 150 K model but very jerky so a 85K model would be handled nicely. I think poly user added image MY reference images that I cut form a blue print I didn't cut them jsut right so I got messed up going to find some better ones get some progress then get a thread going sooner than later.