Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-12-2010 , 08:55 PM
Administrator

Alex Roman

I just caught this on a great archviz site, some of you have most definitely seen it because it was posted up on vimeo two months ago, but I missed it up until just now so I wanted to share because this man's work is truly amazing. He is the master of photorealistic rendering.

Silestone -- 'Above Everything Else' on Vimeo

Also for those of you who are new to CG or haven't seen it take a moment to watch Alex Roman's film The Third & The Seventh

The Third & The Seventh on Vimeo

Sorry for the double post this has most definetly been posted, maybe even by me, but it can't really be mentioned enough. How he does it is a complete mystery, he's one of the best CG artists ever seen and alone does the work of entire studios. I remember reading an article on this movie somewhere and if I'm not wrong it took him three years of work to make this. So blow up full screen turn up the volume on max and just be amazed. I am every time I see it, it's that kind of work that takes you to a different place.

I also found this short article in the daily mailuser added image
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...computers.html

Nilla

# 2 10-12-2010 , 11:45 PM
The Nurb Herd
yeah, there has been loads of talk about this guy for a few months. He uses max and renders in vray.
His stuff is amazing. Lots of camera tricks used, which make it sell more.

# 3 11-12-2010 , 12:22 AM
Administrator
His work and the discussions around about it for the past months have been really interesting. Great cameras in his movie, it's brilliant cinematography and the lighting gives you some good ideas to work off in your own scenes. I've been studying cameras for a while now and it does make you a bit damaged, was watching a movie the other day and completely missed the whole story because I got so preoccupied looking at the cameras.

# 4 11-12-2010 , 04:32 AM
Subscriber
the full screen option doesn't work

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 11-12-2010 , 04:51 AM
Cant believe its CG. Really a master.

# 6 11-12-2010 , 04:56 AM
Administrator

the full screen option doesn't work

Just click the grey text (that's a link but doesn't look like it) above the video that ends with "...on vimeo" and you can full screen it on vimeo itself. Can't be done with embedded videos on this forum yet unfortunately getting fixed soon.

# 7 11-12-2010 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber
Wow, that stuff's great! I'd be happy to just make one of those still images that make up the movie..........well one day in 100 years or souser added imageuser added imageuser added image Funny smilys on the new siteuser added image

# 8 16-12-2010 , 02:40 AM
Lifetime Member
F*****g speechless...stunning

bulletuser added image

Its my lunchbreak...and I watched them both in entirety, the 3rd and 7th was just f*****g beautiful, Im almost crying watching it...wonderful art..dynamic and alive. If you dont get moved by this...you are already dead. xo

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 16-12-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: addenda
# 9 21-12-2010 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
Beautiful stunning work...

# 10 21-12-2010 , 07:49 PM
Administrator
I found an article related to this work on autodesk a few days ago which is quite interesting to read. It was published in 2008 so before the movie was complete.

https://area.autodesk.com/inhouse/bts..._by_alex_roman

Hope the fog gets sorted for you dabu, I just don't know what the solution is. Someone else will hopefully, would like to know if you nail ituser added image

# 11 23-03-2011 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
i found the 3rd and the 7th just the other day bay accident (not through here). that is really amazing what alex roman does there. even the few non-cg elements blended into the movie slick as sh... (you get my drift) - you don't even notice they are non-cg (certainly possible to make in cg). user added image