Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-04-2006 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber

trying to delete 2 face

i've got my modeled character. i don't have a clue when this happened but i got two faces by themselves that are apart of an object, the arms, i cant delete them in object mode nor in face mode. i was able to detach just those 2 faces from the skeleton but that's it. i still can't delete them. i tried extracting and separating to delete them and nothing. anyone have this small problem and found a solution or just know how what to do. otherwise i just hope that those faces don't become an issue later when i finally animate my character.

# 2 10-04-2006 , 07:36 AM
My knowledge in maya is very less but as far as my knowledge is concerned u might have used the `Smooth Proxy` to smooth the poly`s instead of just using `smooth`. It can be deleted. But i am not able to get ur exact problem.

If you cannot delete them, just hide them.

# 3 10-04-2006 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
if i select the 2 faces the arms get selected as well and of course itry to hide the 2 faces the arms get hidden as well.

# 4 10-04-2006 , 09:19 PM
Try it in the outliner window.