Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 07-08-2007 , 02:29 AM
No put the rust in places that would get rusted. Like in the little crevises. Maybe some cracks on the end metal thingo lol.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 17 07-08-2007 , 04:14 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Although i like the model and the setting, it seems that the chest is to small in comparison to the key(or the other way around, for that matter):lmao:

# 18 07-08-2007 , 07:04 AM
Well I think the key is too big to fit in the hole ?:attn:

# 19 07-08-2007 , 09:43 AM
i made the chest bigger and placed it back farther but it took the detail away from it and made it look like crap....BUT if i put it back farther and add some more detail, such as a couple more items and make them standing on a bumpy cave floor i may be able too... ill try it! Ill also add rust in small amounts in small places! Thanks!

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 20 07-08-2007 , 09:57 AM
"... ill try it! "
Like a wise green man used to say; 'try not....do or do not.... there is no try
:rant:

You didn't think we would let you go that easy, now? did you :p .

# 21 07-08-2007 , 10:47 AM
Yoda rules:nod: Heres the size. I did this just to make sure i had the right size! Now to start on items...I dont know what to make, maybe a compass? ill study up on some pirate crap.

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 07-08-2007 , 01:41 PM
Sweeeet, its look amazing man. Good Job...

Cheers user added image

# 23 07-08-2007 , 01:49 PM
Pirat Sword , some coins around the chess , pirat gun , map ...

# 24 07-08-2007 , 03:29 PM
Looks pretty cool man! Keep up the good work!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 25 07-08-2007 , 06:03 PM
Thanks!!:attn: !! Coldwave, that is a good idea. Ill make some old gold coins, but i think ill leave out the map and replace the gun with a sword. I want this scene to have a more...supernatural/evil look which i will begin to show soon. A rotted skeleton arm gripping the chest with a sack of coins spilled across the ground...a compass leaning on the chest while a small but long silver chain runs through the skeleton keys eye and around its skull towards the arm. A thick gleam of light shines out of the keyhole as if something other than treasure is inside. Thats the image ill be attempting to create!

# 26 07-08-2007 , 06:38 PM

Originally posted by kinddoggofwar
Thanks!!:attn: !! Coldwave, that is a good idea. Ill make some old gold coins, but i think ill leave out the map and replace the gun with a sword. I want this scene to have a more...supernatural/evil look which i will begin to show soon. A rotted skeleton arm gripping the chest with a sack of coins spilled across the ground...a compass leaning on the chest while a small but long silver chain runs through the skeleton keys eye and around its skull towards the arm. A thick gleam of light shines out of the keyhole as if something other than treasure is inside. Thats the image ill be attempting to create!

Super user added image ... ah the gun and map just come into my mind from pirat movies ... and the coins .. in every movie where there is chest user added image there are coins around it ... :blush: Good luck and KUTGW! user added image

# 27 07-08-2007 , 08:36 PM
yeah, this is turning into more of a pirate scene...user added image
Heres a small update, added the chain.user added image

# 28 07-08-2007 , 10:21 PM
last update of the night, goin to bed...
Started the hand, Not done and not in the right position! For once i have nice clean wires on this project as well!
user added image

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 07-08-2007 at 10:32 PM.
# 29 08-08-2007 , 12:38 AM
OH YEAH!!!!! That is so freakin awesome!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 30 08-08-2007 , 04:41 AM
This is getting better and better.
I've drawn a little conceptsketch in photoshop.
And if you are quick enough you can still submit it in the pirate/ninja-challenge.
Als when you draw the skeleton make sure you model pieces of clothing around him and maybe a sword in his back...arrrr:p

Attached Thumbnails