Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-04-2009 , 01:54 PM

Curtis08 spaceship entry

hey all, thinking of finaly showing my face up again and entering my first competition, and what a great competion to start on.

well heres the center of my ship, this part is going to be prety basic looking, at the moment, but basically is going to be like a large organic brain encapsulated within that large sphere controlling the rest of the ship, and her minionsuser added image

Carnt see much now but should develop into my ever changing concept user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-04-2009 , 01:55 PM
close up of what the hecks going up up there

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-04-2009 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
Welcome - Cool idea - lets see how this pans out

# 4 12-04-2009 , 12:18 AM
Really liking the shape you've chosen to start off with Curtis, hope it goes well for you, good luck!

# 5 12-04-2009 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
so this for the unity race?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 12-04-2009 , 09:19 PM
Thanks, and yes it is the Unity race, i reckon it fits the best.

Heres how its looking now, bit of an add on but thats the main structure of it really minus the large gun which i hope to add on the bottom of the arch.
Wow really enjoying this competition, dont know why i didnt why didnt i join in sooner user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 15-04-2009 , 06:11 PM
Adding this to the bottom of the arch, as its main big kick ass gun.

Attached Thumbnails