Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-10-2003 , 12:25 PM
Kevin

Our crusade against SPYWARE

guys, Im sick of this! lets all do our bit to sort this out, they are ruining the whole internet and are looking at EVERYTHING you do!

download this now, they do tkae donations but you dont have to give:

https://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en

I had 41 intrusion cookies that "report your every move"

and 2 registry entrys that where a little more serious. So report you finds back here user added image

# 2 24-10-2003 , 12:29 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 24-10-2003 , 12:32 PM
Spybot S&D rocks... I've had it for a while now.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 4 24-10-2003 , 03:50 PM
Well that was fun!!!!!!

Regards
Annoyed Rossland

I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave
# 5 24-10-2003 , 04:45 PM
18 problems found by spybot even when i'm running adaware from time to time plus i have mcafee virus scanner. recently i installed a spam filter too. authorities should do something about this shite before the whole net is unusable...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 24-10-2003 , 05:18 PM
Just don't use software that has spyware or adware and they'll get the idea. user added image :bgreen:

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 7 24-10-2003 , 09:24 PM
Adware can mayorly DESTROY your computer´s resources.
I had to format my OS partition just because of it.

Fortunately, since I started working with partitions, I don´t have much trouble formating the OS one, and leaving the other ones intact.

Is there a way Adware|Spyware can infect other partitions, if they are being used only as storage, without any programs working on them?

# 8 24-10-2003 , 09:28 PM
Holy crap, I had Gator on this computer, and I just reformatted! I haven't been going to any large sites either...

Damned Gator, they should be sued for invasion of privacy.

Sayonara!
~Ninkazu
# 9 24-10-2003 , 10:04 PM
Stop using Outlook for your mail, and stop using Internet Explorer, and you will hardly get any spyware.

I use Mozilla Firebird as browser, and Thunderbird as mail client.

EDIT: Btw, I've tried uploading an Avatar, but it didn't work.

# 10 25-10-2003 , 12:53 AM
hehe greyfox i like your title... can i steal it?user added image

cookies are bad, and firewalls too, they protect but you have to make a masters to master them(ie get protection without loosinf functionality)... what o lord what should i tweak to recover maya f1 help, get rid of messenger(it IS one of Microsaft´s SPYWARE) and fix other little anoyances that now i cant remember?

# 11 25-10-2003 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
>>Stop using Outlook for your mail, and stop using Internet Explorer, and you will hardly get any spyware

Yes don't bother reading about the simple precautions you can take to protect yourself, just uninstall it. And unplug your modem and uninstall your operating system. And throw your PC out of the window. Or read a few things on how to stop spyware and carry on using the software you always have. Mmm tough choices.

Dragon if you have a software firewall you can set it to ask you for permission when things try to access the net - you could try that and see if Maya help asks. Or a decent one should allow you to grant programmes permission to access the net. Otherwise if it is a Hardware FW it might be worth emailing Alias and asking them what port it llikes to look through, if noone here knows.

Last edited by Witchy; 25-10-2003 at 01:34 AM.
# 12 25-10-2003 , 05:54 AM

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 13 25-10-2003 , 08:12 AM
19 year Veteran
Just downloaded one of these spybot programs and wow, I didn't know that I had so many programs spying on my internet activities! This search and destroy program is a really handy program. Thanks for posting this information!

# 14 25-10-2003 , 08:59 PM
i discovere what the problem was... you have to let java look in all the ports for the damn thing to work... i think ill be only using f1 offline...

# 15 25-10-2003 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
Should there not be a law against all this bull shit?

grrrr