Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-09-2013 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

acceptable resolution for showreel

hi all,

im not at the stage where im ready to put a show reel together, but i am aware when rendering out a personal project that i dont want to have to do it all again when the time is right - my computer is ok, but not great and some animated scenes that have a lot of frosted glass type materials, higher glossy samples etc are going to take a long time to render out at 1920 x 1080px

- i just wondered what resolution i should be aiming for? if its a show reel of someone not currently working in the industry, looking to get a generalist junior job, could i get away with 1280 x 720px?

any advice greatly appreciated,
nicky

# 2 08-09-2013 , 11:23 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm pretty confident you can get away with 720p, but I haven't really submitted a reel for a job before, so we could get some more opinions.