Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-07-2004 , 02:33 AM

How do I put liquid in a container?

I am slowly going through my Maya RENDER book. I made a wine glass and put a dielectric_material shader on it. Now I need to put wine in the glass and put a dielectric material on it. The only problem is, I don't know how to model wine into my NURBS wine glass. What is the best way to put a liquid in a container? Is there more than one way? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

And what about a lake or pond? Is a large body of water modeled the same way? Normally, I think it would be best to make a poly plain and just drop a shader on it, but with my wine glass, light is going through the glass, so I need an object to shade.

Thanks
Kori

# 2 20-07-2004 , 03:09 AM
Hi,

Maybe try converting it to polys, make a cube that encompasses your wine area, and then boolean the cube and your poly glass.

sj

# 3 21-07-2004 , 03:09 AM
...then convert the resulting "wine cube" to a softbody.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 23-07-2004 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber
Maybe try a blobby surface, this should work. There is a plug in to do exactly what you need. I'll check to see if we are allowed to share this type of info. Good Luck