Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-02-2009 , 08:53 PM

Invisible images on reference planes

Hello,
Im trying to set up my reference planes. My images are on the planes as they render fine. However I cant see them in the viewport. I have pressed every key (including 6- many times!) and I've looked through all the menu's i can think of. Is there a magic fix.

I do have another problem, but i dont think it's related as i complated a project like this recently... When i open a new scenr, al the viewports are completly blank, I have to make new views to work from which is a bit annoying......

The main problem is seeing the reference planes.........

If anyone has ANY ideas, I'd be grateful.

Thanks...

www.jowand.com
# 2 28-02-2009 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
screen shot?

how'd you make the planes? using geometry or attaching them to the camera?

when you open a scene so you have the grid? or by blank do you mean nothing (not even the grid) is there and the grid is turned on?

i think i might know what you mean though, it happens on my laptop, if you just change to a different view (like see all four viewports at once) then switch back to a single viewport everything is fine.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 01-03-2009 , 10:32 AM
Hey Jo,

just replied in the other thread that you posted in.

Do oyu actually see nothing at all, or a blury image?

It could be a GFX problem?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 01-03-2009 , 10:43 AM
Hey! I just replied there to. If I'm in default quality rendering on the viewport, I can see nothing.....

www.jowand.com