Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-06-2003 , 04:14 AM

IK handle help...

I understand How to make a wire that acts like I want it to when I adjust IK handles(bends and has gravity and collision)... But how would I accomplish the following: attach one end of the wire to the bicep of a robot arm and the other end to the forearm so that when the character bends his arm the wire bends?

# 2 11-06-2003 , 09:34 AM
Subscriber
Parent the joint closest to the bicep to the bicep. Parent the IK handle to the forarm.

# 3 11-06-2003 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
just a tip, for animating the wire you might not want to use SC or RP IK solvers cos theyre a bit awkward unless ur animating a character
i would use a IK spline handle solver which is much better for wires IMO

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 12-06-2003 , 07:06 AM
thanks alot both of you.. . im going to give it a shot... Im trying to learn Maya after using Lightwave for years... Its awesome so far.

Fall down seven times, get up eight...