Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-02-2018 , 03:12 PM

Alley fight scene animation

# 2 03-03-2018 , 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
I definitely see an improvement. I remember a previous animation where a wolf was chasing a guy and this one is more nuanced and has better camera work. There are still some timing issues so the characters’ movements are lacking a bit of weight and force. Each punch and kick are the same speed all the way through so they appear kind of “floaty” and lack emphasis. You're headed in the right direction and I see that you've added some dust fx too. Next up, motion blur. Keep going!

P.S.
A decent USB condenser mic and a pop filter (or shield\guard same thing) is a good starter if you’re doing your own voice work. Better quality sound and words with "b" and "p" won't send sharp gusts of breath into the recording.

- Genny
# 3 07-03-2018 , 03:10 PM

P.S.
A decent USB condenser mic and a pop filter (or shield\guard same thing) is a good starter if you’re doing your own voice work. Better quality sound and words with "b" and "p" won't send sharp gusts of breath into the recording.

I'm really impressed with the fight scene. I love some of the moves. Not too crazy about the sound effects though.

Last edited by ArnoldCul; 05-11-2021 at 09:16 PM.
# 4 12-03-2018 , 06:34 PM

I definitely see an improvement. I remember a previous animation where a wolf was chasing a guy and this one is more nuanced and has better camera work. There are still some timing issues so the characters’ movements are lacking a bit of weight and force. Each punch and kick are the same speed all the way through so they appear kind of “floaty” and lack emphasis. You're headed in the right direction and I see that you've added some dust fx too. Next up, motion blur. Keep going!

P.S.

Hey, Gen...
I'm really glad you remember me and I feel really motivated that someone cares about the progress. It means a lot to me, especially coming from a professional like you.
I'm definitely gonna put all that into consideration when doing my next clip. Not to ruin the surprise, I won't say what it's about but, you'll see. user added image
Thank you once again Gen.

PS: Yea, I do the voice over myself and I'm thinking of getting a better mic as soon as I can afford one. Right now I'm stuck with a shotgun mic... I know it's messed up user added image

Last edited by luciferr; 12-03-2018 at 06:42 PM.
# 5 12-03-2018 , 06:37 PM

I'm really impressed with the fight scene. I love some of the moves. Not too crazy about the sound effects though.

Oops! Sorry about that. I'll stop with the music in subsequent clips. Maybe just subtle
And thank you so much for the encouragement.