Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-08-2005 , 07:46 PM

processing speed...

Hi

I have made a 30 second long animation that includes a douzaine of emitters on top of the normal animation. My prblem is that it takes a VERY long time to play it and after a while, particles start shooting all over the place (even though it's not supoose to). I really need to reduce this processing time ...

Either way, I think my problem is that there are a lot of unnecessary instored by maya, so I was wondering if you guys/girls could give me pointers on how to delete unneeded information (such as edit --> delete all by types --> static chanels) and other forms of methods to overcome this problem.

Thank you very much,
Alex

# 2 02-08-2005 , 08:22 PM
get a faster computer? lol

# 3 02-08-2005 , 08:59 PM
Dear Billy_Cat,

I got a 2.4GHz Intel M with 736Mb of RAM running at 1.4 GHZ along with ATI Graphics. Do you think that's not good enough?!

As a senior member, I would appreciate your constructive comments more.

# 4 02-08-2005 , 09:04 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
That is ridiculous, but maybe u can borrow one of those huge computers from NASA...user added image

Talkin' serious, u should delete some of the emmiters. That will save u lots of time.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 5 03-08-2005 , 10:38 PM
Its all relative -- if you have hardware renderred particles on a GeForce emitting 10,000+ particles per second, with multiple emitters, and 32x multisampling you're going to get issues.

Regardless -- there are a few things you can do. If you particles are not software (should be either Cloud, Blobby, or Tubes -- and have a (S/W) beside it) and you're running a GeForce... you either need to switch to a software-compatible emitter, take the lack of stability/quality/speed -- or softmod to a Quadro. (Or radeon to a FireGL)

Turn down the multisampling or use a more optimized format. That's all videocard drivers most likely... unless its software -- in which case you may need to get more RAM (or just wait)

Cut down on the realtime previews... do the minimal necessary to see your dynamics at a certain frame -- then testrender... clear... and do again if necessary. Better yet -- playblast and come back when Windows Media Player comes on.

You get the idea -- do whats necessary -- go overboard if you don't mind waiting... cut back if you need to do it quicker.

# 6 05-08-2005 , 02:10 PM
Thank you guys for your help!