Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-04-2011 , 06:58 PM

Watch Tower

By eck, am trying to learn this Maya thing, and I’ll tell you what it is hard, so any comments and stuff will be a great help. Originally, I created this as a quick model to try and lean how to do that texturing and the thing called UV mapping. I started to enjoy the model so I put a bit more effect into it the design, which is based on a watchtower around Sea houses, a beautiful place. I may try and put a little bit more detail into it. But I want to start the UV mapping stuff.

Once the model is UV mapped, can I then go about adding more detail, or will I have to re-do the entire mapping?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-04-2011 , 08:47 PM
The thin red line
I would finish the modelling first for the tower then do your UVs else you will be constantly re-arranging you UVs to fit the UVs space, looks like a good start...........dave

# 3 21-04-2011 , 09:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Looks good mate....I agree with dave. Ummm how do they get upstairs??? I assume by a watchtower its what we call a Sharkspotters hut?? lots of sharks here in Perth he he he he he. I like the timber overlap you have there mate...looks the part.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes