Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-07-2003 , 07:30 AM

Tracing

well that sucks 8P I give up on this tutorial i need to learn more before doing something like this I thought it would be perfect to learn on however I cant get past the tracing part. the images importing in image plane are importing incorrectly ect. dunno what im doing wrong.

If anyone know where I can learn to do the tracing and importing of these image correctly let me know I have searched everywhere.
https://www.blissdd.com/WRX/Tutorial/...s/Book002.html

# 2 17-07-2003 , 07:46 AM
Dude, maybe you can try first some video-tutorials (Like this site´s) before tackling that tutorial. I´d rate it advanced.

# 3 17-07-2003 , 07:58 AM
lol well I have done a few tutorials. and i grasp concepts fairly well just can't figure out image planes and how to set em up like he did. IE.. I set up the top veiw and its 90 degrees rotated from what he has set up. and when I import front view Its stretched. what I really want the image planes to do is to import exactly the size the actual image is without maya distorting, stretching them, ect.

# 4 17-07-2003 , 07:59 AM
also figured out tracing as well, and I think that this tutorial teaches a LOT of maya in one tutorial thats why I was goin for it.

# 5 17-07-2003 , 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Ghost-VE
lol well I have done a few tutorials. and i grasp concepts fairly well just can't figure out image planes and how to set em up like he did. IE.. I set up the top veiw and its 90 degrees rotated from what he has set up. and when I import front view Its stretched. what I really want the image planes to do is to import exactly the size the actual image is without maya distorting, stretching them, ect.

How about using lambert file-textured nurbs or poly planes instead of the standard image planes?

It is my firm believe, yet again .. that you should actually go for other tutorials first. Get a handle of Nurbs if you know what I mean.

Setting up the Image planes should be the least difficult part of the whole thing, and yet you have trouble with it. I can´t imagine when all the stitching comes into play.

Don´t get me wrong. I know we all are capable of this and all the yadayada ... just telling you, you WILL have a better chance at this one after looking at Mike´s Nurbs Shark tutorial for example.

# 6 17-07-2003 , 08:52 AM
Subscriber
Well said oh! wise one :-3

grrrr