Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-01-2005 , 01:26 AM

Animating object to give them a character look

Well hello all - me back again for a while user added image

I was soooo busy with work that I did not have much time to work on my 3D project. but now I have some free time ..

So..my question is short: Does anybody know /have tutorials on how to animate (rigging and animate) object like chess pieces, tables - to give them a more characteristic feel, as they are human like ?

user added image

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 2 11-01-2005 , 12:00 AM
I think before starting, first draw out each piece the way you want it to look. For animation I feel that hand drawings are extremely useful....as it is in many ways faster to brainstorm your ideas. once that is done you can model them...then rig them. There are some great character/rigging tutorials on this site, which I think provide a solid foundation for this skill.

Good Luck

p.s. Google is a great resource as well for looking at different chess pieces etc.

# 3 11-01-2005 , 02:55 PM
I have the chess pieces already in poly form.. but what I want to do it create a kind of battle chess.. so each move and attak is like a character - or give them the feel -when they move and act like a character.

Just like the carpet in Aladdin, it was carpet but had the feel of a character when it did it stuff

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk