Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-06-2005 , 12:18 PM
Kevin

Mod for members Area

I am looking for a moderator to help out on the board - just to spark a bit of life into it -IE: Members Area etc... It all looks a little dead atm and could do with some help.

I know we may have a mod there already but nitro is a grumpy old sod who needs a hand user added image So if you think you have a decent personality and can make sensible decisions - then let me know.

# 2 10-06-2005 , 01:06 PM
Subscriber
Perhaps ask Jango, he's been here for a while and seems sensible

or maybe z1mmnd14

# 3 10-06-2005 , 03:57 PM
I'd go along with that, also Dann is around loads or mhcannon is always good for helping peeps out on the boards.

I do agree though it has been getting a little quiet apart from that fricking word association thread... I wish it would die a horrible death... it's so pointless :headbang: :headbang: :angery: but that's just me

user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 10-06-2005 , 06:53 PM
Well, I could just lock that thread... user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 10-06-2005 , 07:38 PM
Kev, yer such a looney! (Spot the Looney) user added image I don't get to hang on the board as much as I used to....work and real life make sure of that. It could be like the old days when me and adl used to piss everyone off on both irc and the forum....remember all the "This is a professional site and this is how you treat member" type posts....the joint was a jumpin' back then! Now, we're all old and mellow....working our aimless non-3D jobs....bending over for the marketing departments for subpar graphic design works. But I digress...I'm cool with any of the above mentioned. Jango seems like a straight-up guy but I think his talents could be better put towards one of the technique/critique-type forums. Members lounge is great because you don't need talent to host it...just a level head and a good personality...and a love of posting, of course. user added image

P.S. Warning to the would-be mod: I wasn't this cranky before....it was 3 years of "How many Farking times do I have to tell you?!...post images at 640 x 480 or smaller when showing a problem!!) GARRKKKKKRKRKR!!! See? There I go again. I think Dave B has taken up that particular gauntlet....hehehe

P.S.S. All you kids using 10+ smilies in your signature and posts deserve a smack in the head for internet abuse!

(In my day we didn't have smilies...we had ascii, and dagnabbit...we liked it!!!"

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 10-06-2005 , 08:45 PM
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

# 7 10-06-2005 , 11:56 PM
hehe.....

# 8 11-06-2005 , 12:01 AM
Sorry....forgot my smiliesuser added image

# 9 13-06-2005 , 10:23 AM
Subscriber
Keving,
Can you e-mail me with more particulars on what it is your looking for and what the duties entail? Not sure I'm the right guy, as I am getting old and cranky, but I'm willing to consider it.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."