Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-08-2005 , 10:31 AM
Kevin

To All Members - my goodbyes

Hello all

From the 1st of this month (August 2005) I actually left the simply3dworld company. My email under the remove#kevin@simplymaya.com will only be in operation while I tie up some loose ends. Please redirect all mails / questions to Dave now as he is taking over the sites.

At this time I would like to thank all the members of the sites for there support and kindness over the years. I have built up some good relationships with many members and mods and will stay in touch as best I can.

The simplymaya site was the first simply3dworld site that was created, this mainly out of my disapointment of tutorials found on the net. I wanted a place where I could find good video tutorials at a good price and as there was not any I spoke with Dave over a few pints and we decided to make one. The rest is history.

I feel the need for change - A (on going) messy divorce and bringing up my 7 year old girl has led me in other directions that I now want to pursue. The computer side of things really never was my thing and I feel that I would like to pull away from it and start a different venture.

I know the sites are in good hands as David has many plans and has spoken to me about a few of them, so good luck to him and what the future brings. Also I want to thank him for the freindship he has given me and the support over the years (b)

From today I will be removed as Admin from the sites but will call in from time to time as a curious member (dave has promised me 10% discount on all dvds user added image)

So I guess this is goodbye from me..... to staff and members alike - good bye and good luck to all.

# 2 02-08-2005 , 10:48 AM
We wish you the very best in the future Mate...

Keep in touch=)

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 02-08-2005 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
Sorry to see you go Kev but I guess if its not working for you mate you really need a change
All the best in the future and keep us updated

Rob

# 4 02-08-2005 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
Stund and sad to hear your leaving the site...

Like Kurt - all the best for the future (I feel sure your little girl will see you through the hard time --- Time is a healer, I know).

best

Keith

# 5 02-08-2005 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
All the Best Kevin in your new life and Venture user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 6 02-08-2005 , 01:29 PM
Technical Director
Sorry to hear you go mate. Best wishes with the "Mexican Mule" (Kev's new resturaunt)

Good luck mate user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 02-08-2005 , 02:56 PM
The Maya Mountain
Good luck! Like I told you before, you're a big part of any success I have had or will have in the future, and I'm very grateful!

# 8 02-08-2005 , 02:59 PM
but.....but but but

Stund and sad to hear your leaving the site

good luck on your new job man

# 9 02-08-2005 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
Like Mike said you have changed a lot of peoples lives I know the Simply sites are the reason I have had a lot of fun in 3d

Congrats Kevinuser added image

# 10 02-08-2005 , 03:32 PM
Best wishes for you Kev, all the best bro user added image

# 11 02-08-2005 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
Best o'luck in what ever your future ventures may be. Thanks for establishing such a great site for Maya and other 3D users to learn and share from. Thanks to for leaving the sites up and running in your departure as all to often when a founding member leaves the foundation dies.
Mahalo!

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 12 02-08-2005 , 05:04 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Well, it's very,very,very sad to hear that (well, actually, since this's not an audiovisual website, I'm only seeing that). U did a great work settin' all these sites...u are leavin' Dave a great responsibility (is responsibility right?). Managin' so many sites...I couldn't do that...Goodbye, goodluck, gooday and goodnightuser added image...
Oh, Mhcannon, what does Mahalo means?

post number 333...I must double that to get to 666...

Philipuser added image

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD

Last edited by Total Rookie; 02-08-2005 at 05:42 PM.
# 13 02-08-2005 , 05:30 PM
Kev,

Best of Luck on the new venture and thanks for all the good times. Now shouldn't you be out making tacos or something? user added image Silly sod.

Will miss ya, bro.

Pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 14 02-08-2005 , 08:31 PM
Best of luck with what ever you do next.

Make sure you pop back and say hello.

user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 15 03-08-2005 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Total Rookie
Mhcannon, what does Mahalo means?

It's Hawai'ian for "Thank You."

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."