Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-06-2012 , 03:20 AM

animating ncloth along path

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know how to animate a flying cloth along motion path? I want to create something like this: Flying cloth test - YouTube but I can't find any tutorials on how to achieve that. Please help! user added image

# 2 01-06-2012 , 04:47 AM
Super Moderator
You could constrain the cloth to a curve or geometry that is attached to a motion path.
----------------

Nadine, if you're not a bot please say so.

- Genny
# 3 01-06-2012 , 09:24 AM
Hey thanks for the reply! I tried constraining the cloth to a locator attached to the motion path, but the cloth movement is kinda stiff. I've heard of a way using flow path and input attract for this animation, but im not sure the exact way of doing it. Kept trying but it don't seems to work well. user added image

# 4 01-06-2012 , 10:15 AM
The thin red line
Try using one of the ncloth presets you just need to keep on trying till you find one the works close to what you want then fine tune it.............dave