Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-09-2004 , 06:21 PM

skin

i have been trying to build a good skin for my characters but not so sure what the best tool is to create the skin, would anyone have an idead of whta i should use to sculpt my surface the best?user added image i jsut started maya 3 days ago and never used any 3d program before!:p

# 2 04-09-2004 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
maybe try a little out of all 3.. nurb's, poly, subD.. just to get a idea.. most use poly, with smoothing to see what it will look like when rendered.. they work with a low poly count.. simpler to tweek the shap.. I would just expolre some difrent ways of doing things first.

the modeling tutorias here are cool.

# 3 06-09-2004 , 04:52 AM

hey

hey, thanks for the advice, guess i should learn everything first i think i would help otut he best!:p