Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-10-2002 , 07:13 AM

New and confused?

Hello,

I am very new to this site and Maya, so far I gotta say that I am very impressed with the site. I am attending an Art School in Denver Colorado U.S.A where I am in my first Maya class. We have had a couple of assignments already and I was really impressed with the fur demo my teacher did in class. My first question is this...I heard that in the movie shriek that the grass was created using fur in maya is this true?? if so is there any tutorials out there that I could use to create my own grass.

Any help would be helpful I just can't get the grass in shriek outta my head I am gonna go crazy until I figure it out...user added image

KAYNE
# 2 26-10-2002 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber

Ya!

i heard someone saying that all the stuff was created in maya and then animated in someother program.. not sure though.. i am really impressed by the animation in shriek.. really cool

# 3 26-10-2002 , 03:50 PM
Ya fur works great for Grass, As for the tutorials, i think ive seen a few just can't rember what sites. Try highend3d.com, zoorender.com. Both sites have a maya section.

Kurt

# 4 29-10-2002 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber
i wouldnt doubt if dreamworks rendered it in pixars renderman LOL.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 29-10-2002 , 09:28 AM
Supreme Being
welcome to SM thakayne.. :p