Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-11-2005 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber

Dunno how to correct the problem with poly to sub conversion!

As i was trying to convert this poly model into sub, the problem occurs. I have encounterd this problem loads of times ( what appears in the Script Editor is sth with "one or more duplicate edges" ).

I have no idea how to deal with those extra edges since the work gets so complicated. Does anyone know how to fix it....Thanks a lot!!!

I am new to Maya, this question may sound stupid but i don't know where to have my problem solved...so Pleassssee!!!

I have the file attached, so check it out!

Attached Files
File Type: mb shelf.mb (63.9 KB, 312 views)

Thank you for giving me a hand!!!
# 2 18-11-2005 , 07:26 AM
Dude... you gotta read the messages the Script Editor puts in there:

Code:
polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on  -maxPolyCount 1000  -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |pCube1|pCubeShape1;
// Warning: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): The conversion to a subdivision surface failed.
// One or more duplicated edges were present.
// Repair the duplicate edges by selecting the polygon
// and issuing the following command, then try again:
select .e[167] ;string $v[]  = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1; //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //

i tried the command the error message gives me, and now it works...

the command is:

Code:
select .e[167] ;string $v[]  = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1;

# 3 19-11-2005 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
Thanks then, i was so careless, guess im going to ask questions the smarter way in the future....sorry for bothering!!!!

Btw, i know how to fix the problem by now, yeah just paste the script and it is alright!

Thank you for giving me a hand!!!