Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-02-2007 , 06:21 AM

Starting Modelling at 35

Hi,
I am from Canada and thinking about a career change, computer animation caught my eye. I am thinking of going to the Toronto Film School to do my training. Is it worth while for me to do this? Has anyone took this program before, if so is it worth it or am I just wasting my time and money.

Thanks

# 2 06-02-2007 , 07:42 AM
iIwent to a different animation school(durham college) ...if you really want to pursue 3d as a career then i suggest go for it, and tfs is a very good choice, there are also other schools like vfs (Vancouver film school), Sheridan and some other private schools.

# 3 06-02-2007 , 08:54 AM
Senior Software Developer
It doesnt matter much really, I am 34 now and started 1 year ago. Self Taught (can't afford school courses), and still polding onward. Formal Education is not a must, but it sure does help.

Get hold of the latest copy of 3D World Mag , they have a suppliment on 3D training this month.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 06-02-2007 , 01:53 PM
Hi,

I am now 36 and started my training 1 year ago at Escape Studios. I think it was the best option for me as I had little free time to teach myself. I believe it is the best way to get into CGI as it will give you a good foundation of skills to aid you in your quest for a 3d based career. The only thing you have to remember is that it will not guarantee you a career, only your determination, portfolio and continued hard work after completing the course can do that.

# 5 06-02-2007 , 05:10 PM
Thanks guys,

I really appreciate the input.