Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 05-04-2007 , 07:04 AM
here and i know it's not oval in the top ... i will fix it tonight user added image and additional help will be :bow:

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 06-04-2007 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
yeah your right djblazer, here are some polygon screenshots if they help

sorry if there abit too high :headbang:

user added image

user added image

# 18 08-04-2007 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
how did I get here, I was looking at a web page that someone had put up for Matt, he did it and someone put it up in his name, I clicked on it to make a comment and here I am.., looking good there Marlon.

man. you guys.., im reallly envious of your skills.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 19 08-04-2007 , 09:54 PM
I really don't have time now to work on my scean :headbang: but in friday i will post some work .. catch ya later

ColdWave

# 20 13-04-2007 , 01:53 PM
Small updates

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 13-04-2007 , 01:54 PM
Sorry about the previous image it was too large ....

and some close look here

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 13-04-2007 , 01:55 PM
Any ideas how to make building more to look like it's old i don't think the texture will be enough so i need really some modeling ideas how to make it to look old or just to be made of bricks but to look natural and interested .. user added image any help will be :bow:

ColdWave

# 23 13-04-2007 , 02:40 PM
Theres no need to model anything else for the buillding, a good displacement, bump and colour map (with possibly a grunge layer in the diffuse channel) should have it lookin pretty good, without the pain of modeling.

Have a google for some brick textures, take them as the basis of the colour map and go from there, a start on the bump/displacement (depending on how you want it to look) would be to simply desaturate the colour map and then go from there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 24 13-04-2007 , 04:07 PM
Well i know a basics of some shaders .. so when i get to the part of texturing and adding materials i will need a lot of help simply because i don't have any tutorials and smth like that user added image I have a lot of things to model so it will be a little far away but as u said i won't get too much in detail the building user added image 10x for advice and for the time that i won't loose in modeling bricks :p

# 25 15-04-2007 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
Cool stuff ColdWave.

I don't think you have to model the wear of time either. You can get a lot of milage out of plugging noise into displacement maps, or paint dirt (in grayscale black to white) in stripes running downwards and plug that into diffuse.
The dirtier something looks the more real it gets and is extra important to show age and wear of time. Apply this to textures as well.

Here's a couple of more tricks that might aid you. Toni Bratincevic made a tutorial.
https://www.interstation3d.com/maya/t...of_glimpse.htm

Have fun now.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 15-04-2007 at 12:57 AM.
# 26 15-04-2007 , 02:21 AM
yeah 10x this will help me a lot user added image

# 27 17-04-2007 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
i dont know why but that building has catched my eye and i really like it alot ... the scene looks great with all the things in it soo far, nice job.

by the way what is that thingo/object, its located above the front door little roof thingo. its like some blob lol,

# 28 17-04-2007 , 04:46 PM
It is suppose to be some garbage soon i will update user added image

# 29 18-04-2007 , 01:21 AM
If you wanted to break up the monotony a bit, the wires that connect from the wall to the air conditioner units (on the outside of the building) could be adjusted to look different; you could even delete a couple chain links on the railings around the patios.

Minor things; not necessarry, though user added image

# 30 18-04-2007 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
One thing really bugs me about the scene. That building has scale problems all over the place that really need sorting out. For example:

The chair looks too big compared to the door, the windows look too high compared to the door, you cant be sure how many floors the building has since there are more windows in the middle between floors. There are more things but you hopefully get where I am coming from. Keeping things accurate in scale goes a long way to making a scene convincing, its just sometimes hard to see when you have it in front of you so much. Oh one other minor thing - fence. You have some curved tops which would indicate to me 'in-tact' fence posts. Then you have others which look broken, but are higher than the undamaged ones.

Nice modelling though, keep working on it.