Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 18-04-2007 , 04:46 AM
petrol 10x to the comment here are some small updates

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 18-04-2007 , 04:48 AM
and second

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 18-04-2007 , 04:49 AM
Petrol i will really be glad if u comment and tell me if i have done some work with the scale of building.. and how to scale the things and etc to get some morea realistic look 10x user added image

# 34 18-04-2007 , 07:23 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
very good cold waveuser added image

# 35 18-04-2007 , 08:20 AM
Thats so good I think I just urinated my pants out of shockuser added image I idolize this model! My favorite yet on this forum

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 36 18-04-2007 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
10x? is that suppose to mean thanks? I interpret that in my head as '10 times'. Text lingo like that confuses me.

Anyway ok, from here. Bench looks too small compared to bin. The windows in relation to the door is still off. If you stand up next to a doorway, then a window in your house, then look at where you've placed yours and you will see what I mean. Also the squares above the door, if they are windows, they dont align with the others. If they are just decoration then fair enough though they will be ok. Door still looks too small, or windows look too big, but that might look different when the windows have been moved to a more suitable height. A good idea can sometimes be to put an object in the scene the same height / width as a human. Compare that to the size of other things. Ie. A person is say about 6 units or 'feet' for example. A door would then be around 7 units high. You would sit on a bench at around knee level, so maybe 2 units high. It doesnt really have to BE perfect, it just has to look perceptually acceptable (someone could look at it and not notice something was blatantly 'off'.)

I hope you dont mind the crits, hopefully it will help in the end though.

# 37 18-04-2007 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
man this is some seriously cool modeling, though petrol is on the mark about proportions.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 38 18-04-2007 , 05:53 PM

Originally posted by petrol
10x? is that suppose to mean thanks? I interpret that in my head as '10 times'. Text lingo like that confuses me.

Anyway ok, from here. Bench looks too small compared to bin. The windows in relation to the door is still off. If you stand up next to a doorway, then a window in your house, then look at where you've placed yours and you will see what I mean. Also the squares above the door, if they are windows, they dont align with the others. If they are just decoration then fair enough though they will be ok. Door still looks too small, or windows look too big, but that might look different when the windows have been moved to a more suitable height. A good idea can sometimes be to put an object in the scene the same height / width as a human. Compare that to the size of other things. Ie. A person is say about 6 units or 'feet' for example. A door would then be around 7 units high. You would sit on a bench at around knee level, so maybe 2 units high. It doesnt really have to BE perfect, it just has to look perceptually acceptable (someone could look at it and not notice something was blatantly 'off'.)

I hope you dont mind the crits, hopefully it will help in the end though.

Super 10x ( thanks ) i will fix those things tonight and will work in adding more details to the building . 10x for the comments all of you user added image

# 39 18-04-2007 , 08:22 PM
nice work cold wave - this i looking very cool - definitely agree with petrol's comments - it also might be cool to add some more detail to the roof as it's looking a bit bare at the moment.

# 40 18-04-2007 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
No problem. Well I hope you dont mind i've taken the liberty of painting over your last image to help you understand what I mean. These are some of the major other things that I think you should think about.

1) Nobody building fences is that sloppy. Even a mildy retarded school drop out, recently hit by a bus, having a bad day kinda guy can just about nail together a fence. The rivets are too big, too clumsy, and the thing they're nailed into - i cant work out whether its wood or metal, or neither. All i can work out, is that its wobbly. I think you've fixed the fence posts mostly, but i can still see the odd 'perfect' fence post which is shorter than damaged ones.

2) A small thing maybe, but something OCD sufferers will find particularly frustrating. Line the numbers up for a start with the door. Aside from that according to the scale in your scene, each number is about the size of a head. (And thats big). You dont necessarily need the viewer to read the actual number, you just want them to see you've taken the trouble to add such details.

3) This for me destroys your building as it is, but it's easily fixed. Think about this. Look at the height of your door. You could fit an entire door under the window. Think about the way a room or a house is put together. We cant put windows between floors. You might find once you've corrected it, that your building looks a bit tall for a 2 storey building, but too short for a 3 storey. I'm going to advise adding the extra floor if that situation arises as the building to me looks like it should have more floors. Like a small block of retirement flats or something (in tha ghetto y'all).

4) Strikingly obvious to anyone thats really paying attention, I shouldnt need to say more than the lines say already. Buildings generally just arent put together this way.

5) A suggestion really - to turn your 3 flat looking steps into 2 decent looking steps. It may not sound like a big deal but I reckon it's worth just seeing if it looks better to scale.

I'll check for your progress later. Good luck with it tonight user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 41 18-04-2007 , 10:56 PM
I've try to fix those things that u mention ... here is the pic if u find smth to fix tell me about it user added image And about the 3 storey building like arran advice i will make smth on the roof

Attached Thumbnails
# 42 18-04-2007 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
Ah nicely done, I've just come back to check to see if there's any progress and im impressed. It's looking much much better in terms of scale now, I just hope you've not just changed them mindlessly, but you've taken the time to understand why these things matter. The same observation is required for modelling anything really so you should remember this as a lesson learnt user added image

Keep up the work on the scene, its looking nice!

# 43 19-04-2007 , 12:00 AM
yeah i took very important lesson about the scale from you coz everything must be in proportion and i don't have this in my mind till now user added image 10x again and i will updating cya

# 44 20-04-2007 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
great eyes petrol for noticing thoughs little things which actually make a big difference at the end, i like it more ... thumps up user added image

soo what else have you got to do in these scene?

# 45 20-04-2007 , 01:53 PM
well i have a lot of things in my mind but i work only in friday to monday i don't have really enough time but i will work on it user added image :attn: see ya in friday night user added image