View Poll Results: So is DOOM the movie going to be ?
Pants ! 11 61.11%
Average ! 5 27.78%
The best thing since well anything ! 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-07-2005 , 02:52 PM
Tubby

DOOM the movie

The first few details have emerged about Doom: the Movie, "loosely" based, of course, on the iconic first person shooter game of the early Nineties. Dark Horizons has ten photos from the film, due for release on 21st October in the US, and a week later in Blighty.

The film stars WWE wrestling star-turned-actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Sarge, and there are a handful of other actors you may recognise from recent films. New Zealander Karl Urban (The Bourne Supremacy, Chronicles of Riddick, Lord of the Rings) plays the lead character of John Grimm, Bond-totty Rosamund Pike plays "Samantha", and North London's own Dexter Fletcher (Lock Stock, Band of Brother, Deadwood, Layer Cake) will play "Pinky".

The film will be Andrzej Bartkowiak's fourth as director, having previously directed Jet Li in Romeo Must Die and Cradle 2 the Grave, and Steven Seagal in Exit Wounds. If that doesn't sound like much of a resume, Bartkowiak's record as a Cinematographer has somewhat greater credibility. Thirty two films, from Terms of Endearment in 1983, the Michael Douglas classic Falling Down, and a string of Nineties action flicks: Speed, Species, US Marshals and Lethal Weapon 4.

Link to more Doom movie info, inc pics

What next ? Max Payne the movie ! Well yes : -

Max Payne Movie confirmed !

Last edited by Tubby; 18-07-2005 at 03:09 PM.
# 2 18-07-2005 , 03:09 PM
SM Tea Boy
It will be CRAP!

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 18-07-2005 , 07:01 PM
They should stick with remaking movies from 20-60 years ago. And Making movies on old/new comic books. Leave videogames alone.

# 4 18-07-2005 , 11:03 PM
It will most likely be crap. It's extremely loosely based on the movie. It won’t be set on Mars, won’t include monsters from Hell and won’t star space Marines. One new thing though... there are plans for several scenes shot in first-person. As of now, this is the only connection to the game.:angery:

# 5 19-07-2005 , 10:27 AM
Kevin
It will be like aliens vs preditor, resident evil, tomb raider etc etc - so its option 1 for me

# 6 19-07-2005 , 10:57 AM
ah you're all so cynical (Kev and Dave I'm talking to you here!) i know my previous efforts may have left you little jaded but..... I'm going for option 3 but then I have to really don't I?

One new thing though... there are plans for several scenes shot in first-person. As of now, this is the only connection to the game.

that's not true, there's a lot more connections to the game and yes there is a whole FPS sequence and it's frickin awesome! trust me!

user added image

A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 21-07-2005 , 10:49 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
ah you're all so cynical (Kev and Dave I'm talking to you here!) i know my previous efforts may have left you little jaded but..... I'm going for option 3 but then I have to really don't I?

that's not true, there's a lot more connections to the game and yes there is a whole FPS sequence and it's frickin awesome! trust me!

user added image

A

Oh crap lol sorry pure mate I forgot! I'm sure the fx will be fantastic user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 22-07-2005 , 12:12 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 22-07-2005 , 08:29 AM

Originally posted by David
Oh crap lol sorry pure mate I forgot! I'm sure the fx will be fantastic user added image

lol I dont mind if it sucks I still get paid I'm not doing this for the "artistic" side of it user added image

user added image
A

IMDB
# 10 24-07-2005 , 06:03 PM
What does "Pants" mean? In the poll, of course..

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 11 24-07-2005 , 08:26 PM
pants == crap

user added image
A

IMDB
# 12 25-07-2005 , 01:13 PM
I like all the movies like that....as I tend not to watch them for their spectacular dialog and plot line :zzz:

work your magic Pure :attn:

# 13 26-07-2005 , 05:34 AM
Subscriber
I dident know they had Grass on Mars?user added image
user added image

# 14 26-07-2005 , 02:18 PM
Let's make movies out of marginal plot video games!! Yay! Let's make video games out of marginal plot movies!!! Yay!!

Do either ever turn out well? -_-

(That being said...I do enjoy watching the original resident evil movie sometimes when channel surfing and find it on....saves me from thumb blisters from button mashing...user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 15 27-07-2005 , 09:58 AM

IMDB