Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-11-2004 , 04:42 PM

Glass Effect?

I was wondering if someone knew of a tutorial or some basic tips on creating glass that looks similiar to this effectuser added image
Here is what the hypershade looks like when he made the glass shader but he fails to tell how to get this to look like it...
user added image

# 2 15-11-2004 , 08:54 PM
It's actually a pretty complete tutorial. Maybe start simply with shaders and work your way up.

www.digitalplanetdesign.com
# 3 16-11-2004 , 12:55 AM
Well here is what i got when I finally deciphered this somewhat... Surprising what you can do when u try... Not perfect but maybe some suggestions,user added image

# 4 16-11-2004 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
I was trying to work on that tutorial when I first started out and was a bit confused because he didn't actually tell you how he made the connections etc, but I could probably work it out if I had the time.

It's a good start but im not good enought to suggest how you could make it better, sorry user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 5 16-11-2004 , 05:11 PM
Ahh. I figured a few things out... I didn't have raytracing turned on in render view... and I also made a few changes to the lighting and other things.... hmm i beginning to think maybe this shuold be in the WIP section.... Well You can move me if you want... I'll post a pic of the new render once i get home

# 6 21-11-2004 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
yes i myself would also like to kno how to get everything in that picture.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.